You can find information and resources here to help you get the health care you need.
Meetings and events: To find meetings and events near where you live, go to Meetings and events.
Health Care Option Guide: All health plans offer the same basic benefits and services. Some health plans also offer added services. View health plans with this Health Care Option Guide.
Standard Plan change request: You can request to change your Standard Plan in one of the following ways:
- Log in to your NC Medicaid Managed Care account. You will need to have your NCID ready to log in and request to change your Standard Plan.
- Use this website to submit your form. To learn more, go to Submit forms online.
- Call us toll free at 1-833-870-5500 (TTY: 711 or RelayNC.com).
- Mail or fax the Standard Plan Change Request form
- We recently changed this form. Only use it for Standard Plan change requests.
Request to move to NC Medicaid Direct or LME-MCO: If you have mental health disorder, substance use disorder, intellectual/developmental disability (I/DD) or traumatic brain injury (TBI) support needs, you may ask to move to NC Medicaid Direct, including your Local Management Entity-Managed Care Organization (LME-MCO). Use the Request to Move to NC Medicaid Direct (Fee for Service) or LME-MCO Form.
- You can use this website to submit your form. It is the fastest and best way to submit a form. To learn more, go to Submit forms online.
- Members: Use the Request to Move to NC Medicaid Direct (Fee for Service) or LME-MCO: Beneficiary Form.
- Providers: If you are a provider, you may ask for a person to move to NC Medicaid Direct. Use the Request to Move to NC Medicaid Direct (Fee for Service) or LME-MCO: Provider Form.
- The provider form includes a Service Authorization Request (SAR).
- Both the provider and the beneficiary must sign the provider form.
Eastern Band of Cherokee Indians (EBCI) Tribal Option: If you are a federally recognized tribal member or qualify for services through Indian Health Service (IHS) and live in Buncombe, Clay, Cherokee, Graham, Haywood, Henderson, Jackson, Macon, Madison, Swain or Transylvania counties, you may choose to enroll in the EBCI Tribal Option. As a member of the EBCI Tribal Option, you can still get services from any NC Medicaid or NC Health Choice provider. To learn more, use the NC Medicaid Tribal informational handout.
NC Medicaid Ombudsman: If you are not getting the care you need or have been unable to resolve a problem with your health plan or provider, you can contact the NC Medicaid Ombudsman. Call 1-877-201-3750 or visit ncmedicaidombudsman.org
Other resources: In NC Medicaid Managed Care, you choose a primary care provider (PCP) and health plan. Use these resources to help you choose:
For information about your local Department of Social Services (DSS), select your county below.